The sin that seemed to bring God’s judgment in the most severe fashion in the Bible was the sin of pride. On the other hand, the one character quality that is the foundation for all other character qualities is humility. Every Christian should actively seek for ways to humble himself so that God does not have to humble him. To humble yourself:
- Pass praise to God and others.
- Serve others instead of trying to impress them.
- Confess and ask forgiveness for your sins and your faults.
- Bless those that curse you.
- Welcome correction, criticism and put-downs.
- Remember your own mortality.
- Make humility a lifelong quest.
Special note: This message comes from Dr. Davis' Anger Series, available at SolveFamilyProblems.com